Deadline: round 2 deadline is December 31, 2021
Open to: international applicants
Benefits: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – $5,000, Master by Research (MA) – $2,500
Applications are open for the University of Melbourne Faculty of Arts Graduate Research International Grant 2021. The Arts Graduate Research International Grant (AGRIG) supports Faculty of Arts Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Masters by Research (MA) graduate researchers to travel overseas for at least two weeks to conduct research that is essential to the completion of their thesis.
Short periods of fieldwork, archival research and other kinds of on-site data gathering all fall within the remit of the scheme.
- Applicants must be a graduate researcher enrolled in the Faculty of Arts;
- Be post-confirmation or within three months of your expected confirmation date,
- Be able to demonstrate that the intended travel and research activity are essential to the timely completion of your research thesis with strong support from your supervisor,
- Be able to present a reasonable and justifiable budget,
- Be making satisfactory progress and have a credible plan for timely completion,
- Have school support for 25% of the total budget requested. Your School Funding will be the source of this contribution, and
- Be able to demonstrate that you have met all relevant University policy requirements relating to your research (such as compliance with the University’s code of conduct for research and student travel policy):
- Principles and Policy of Research Integrity
- Student Travel and Transport Policy (MPF1209)
- Graduate Research Training Policy (MPF1321)
You are required to provide the following information in your online application:
- A statement clearly outlining the significance of the travel to your research methodology and thesis
- A budget for the planned travel in Australian Dollars (AUD)
- Budget must be itemised in detail
- Evidence of sources of quotations budgeted items (i.e. air and rail fares, and the source of other costs, etc.) and
- Any gap in funding is expected to be covered by personal savings or other funding source, which should be indicated on the budget proforma
- A letter from your principal supervisor outlining in detail.
- The significance of the travel to the completion of the thesis
- That you are making satisfactory progress and has a credible plan for timely completion
The maximum allowance over the duration of the candidature (whether in one long trip, or several repeat trips) is:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – $5,000
- Master by Research (MA) – $2,500
How to apply?
There are two rounds of applications per year. The deadlines are:
- Round 1: April 30
- Round 2: October 31
Out-of-round applications will not be considered, but may be accepted retrospectively and assessed as such during the following round of applications. Retrospective applications must include all supporting documents.
Note: Funds are limited and competitive for this scheme. It is not guaranteed that your application will be successful. You are advised to24
For more information, please visit the official website.
Read more: http://www.mladiinfo.eu/2021/05/14/university-of-melbourne-faculty-of-arts-graduate-research-international-grant-2021/#ixzz7FgVbEouk